Well the self-described maverick surprised everyone this morning.
While many kept saying it would be Romney, I never believed it. First, they don't like each other. Second, a Romney pick would have flown in the face of the McCain health care strategy ( If McCain Picks Romney He Will Never Again Be Able to Criticize Obama's Health Plan).
Governor Palin would seem to be a conservative Republican who walks her talk. The lady has grit!
But what is puzzling about the pick is that the 72 year-old candidate has been criticizing Senator Obama for his inexperience. Then what does he do? He puts a 44 year-old newcomer, with 18 months experience as Governor of Alaska, a "heart beat" away from being Commander-In-Chief.
One thing is certain. We will break a barrier this time--either an African American President or a woman as Vice-President.
This campaign just gets interestinger and interestinger.
Avoid having to check back. Subscribe to Health Care Policy and Marketplace Review and receive an email each time we post.
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2016 (27)
- ► 2015 (26)
- ► 2014 (36)
- ► 2013 (48)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (36)
- ► 2009 (161)
- Sarah Palin on Health Care--A Free Market Republic...
- "US Healthcare on the Edge: A Prescription for Cur...
- Health Wonk Review is Up
- What Happened to the Health Care Issue?
- "Chastened and More Sober, Harry and Louise Return...
- This is What a Real Cost/Quality Decision Looks Li...
- The Voters Aren't Upset Enough About Health Care--...
- Health Wonk Review
- Health Care Reform, the Federal Deficit, and the B...
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2007 (235)