Joe Paduda is hosting Health Wonk Review over at "Managed Care Matters."
Not surprisingly he's got lots of blog entries regarding Senator Clinton's new health plan and lots of other samples of some of the best blog posts from the past couple of weeks.
Also making the big time this week was our good friend, Brian Klepper, who had the following letter published in the New York Times regarding Senator Clinton's plan:
To the Editor:
“Unveiling Health Care 2.0, Again” (Week in Review, Sept. 16) is right. Only innocents believe that meaningful health care reform will occur simply because the American people want it and the presidential candidates promote it.
Health care economists agree that as much as half of the industry’s costs is waste, but that excess constitutes a significant portion of the financial baselines of most health care organizations.
The health care industry, the nation’s largest economic sector, spent $350 million lobbying Congress in 2006, more than any other sector. They won’t willingly abide reforms that compromise their profitability.
Reform will occur only if America’s non-health care business leaders recognize that it is a critical concern for them and us. By pooling their influence, they could overwhelm the health care lobby and drive changes that re-establish American health care’s stability and sustainability.
Brian R. Klepper
Director, Center for Practical Health Reform
Atlantic Beach, Fla., Sept. 16, 2007
Avoid having to check back. Subscribe to Health Care Policy and Marketplace Review and receive an email each time we post.
- ► 2017 (33)
- ► 2016 (27)
- ► 2015 (26)
- ► 2014 (36)
- ► 2013 (48)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (36)
- ► 2009 (161)
- ► 2008 (151)
- The GM-UAW Deal--If UAW Workers Can No Longer Coun...
- If the $35 Billion Expansion of SCHIP is About Mo...
- Who's More Frustrated With Bush Over His SCHIP Vet...
- Health Wonk Review is Up!
- Medicare Advantage Cuts Still on the Table to Offs...
- Hillary Clinton's Health Plan
- SCHIP Agreement "Near"
- Hillary Clinton's Health Plan--the Republicans Bet...
- SCHIP Negotiations Not Going Well--Medicare Physic...
- Hillary Clinton to Outline Her Health Plan on Mond...
- The UAW's Negotiations With the "Big Three" Automa...
- Health Insurance Premiums Rose Only 6.1% in 2007--...
- Jane Sarasohn-Kahn Joins the Blog World
- Could America Reap International Good Will By Ramp...
- The Cavalcade of Risk Is Up
- Schwarzenegger is Right––You Can't Achieve Univers...
- The Obesity Epidemic--It's Time to Deal With it th...
- People Who Say Insurance Regulation Creates More U...
- How Will SCHIP Be Extended and What Will Happen to...
- Health Wonk Review is UP
- Romney Wants to Reform State Health Insurance Regu...
- Mitt Romney's Health Plan--A Foot in Each Canoe
- "Don't Pit Children Against Seniors"--The AHIP Tak...
- ▼ September (23)